Top 9 and bottom 6 films of 2013

Top 9?

I will be honest, 2013 was not a banner year for motion pictures. The box office may have been record breaking, but it left me feeling ho-hum. 

It was the year of the sequel and I am desiring original films. Also, many of the 'original' films seem to think that an abundant use of 'f-bombs' makes for good script writing. I would beg to differ. I think that writers can be more creative with the English language. Also, please allow 3D to die an unnatural death. 

In my list I was going for a top 10, but could not find 10. So, I have a top 9. 

I do not get to go to all of the films released each month. Honestly, I do not have the time and money, but I do enjoy a few more films than the average viewer each year. You might have others to suggest and I may not have seen them. Send me your suggestions. I do not do horror, so no need to recommend them. 

I only have a top 9 and they are based on films I would be willing to watch more than once and would be willing to watch with my family. 

Here are my Top 10 films of 2013 - Not necessarily in a particular order, I just liked them. 
1. The Way, Way Back
2. Now You See Me
3. Warm Bodies
4. The Hunger Games : Catching Fire
5. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty 
6. The Book Thief
7. Frozen
8. The Croods
9. Obilivion (Barely, but it was good)

Six films I wish I had not endured in 2013
1. White House Down
2. Olympus Has Fallen
3. A Good Day to Die Hard
4. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
5. The Big Wedding - Huge cast, awful film
6. The Lone Ranger - Decimation of a classic

Films I have not seen that could have rounded out the 10:
1. Gravity
2. Rush
3. Much Ado About Nothing
4. Lone Survivor

Rankings by Russell Matthews @ Russelling Reviews

Comments